Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bad Habits

The old saying holds true:


Let me count the ways...

  1. …I use ellipses when I write…they reflect my lazy speech…and my lazy grammer...
  2. My wife says that I sound like a sleazy game show host when I’m speaking with people I don’t know over the phone. Apparently my suppressed nervousness transforms me into Guy Smiley.
  3. I sometimes take on another party’s accent during discussions. It’s involuntary, insulting, and embarrassing for all parties.
  4. I smoke a tobacco pipe in the evening; It was my compromise with tobacco. I can smoke, but only in the home. You can’t pull off a tobacco pipe as a fashion accessory until you’re well into your 40s.
  5. I love star gazing but know next to nothing about astronomy/physics/cosmology. It’s all about aesthetics...
  6. I usually retire to bed with a glass of water, but never take the glass back to the kitchen in the morning. It's not unusual for 8 glasses to be crowded onto my bedside dresser.
  7. I've still bite my nails and I'm lazy about discarding them. When my wife and I first began dating she was horrified to discover my "elephant graveyard" on the floorboard of my car.

I'm deeply flawed in other ways too... and so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment